Rain Water Harvesting
A rainwater tank collects and stores rain water, typically from rooftops via rain gutters. A typical rainwater collection or harvesting tank can yield 2500 litres of water from 25 mm of rain on a 100 m2 roof.
Rainwater tanks are installed to make use of rain water for later use and reduce CWA water use for environmental reasons.
If rainwater is used for drinking, it must first be filtered using a Bio UV Filtration system which will remove bacteria, chemicals and most pathogens. While rain water is pure it may become contaminated during collection. Thus, we strongly advise not to use rainwater for drinking when there is an alternative mains water supply available.
Rain water tank main features:
- Manufactured from 100% virgin material
- Moulded in-one-piece design
- Screwed cover
- Can be fixed at ground level and underground
- 12-year guarantee
- Opaque design
- Availability of special custom modifications. Ex: additional inlet float valve, variable height outlet, level indicators, outlet and overflow curves
- Manufactured from Food Grade materials
- UV stabilized
- No taste or odour imparted from polyethylene
- High impact resistance
- Column type 350 lts
- Column type 400 lts
- Column type 450 lts
- Column type 500 lts
- Integrated filter type 2500 lts
- Integrated filter type 4000 lts
- Integrated filter type 6000 lts
- Integrated filter type 9000 lts